Muhurat Trading 2019 will start at 6.15 pm on Sunday, October 27 and, the session will continue for an hour up to 7.15 pm.
Did you hear about muhurat trading? If you are interested in the stock market, then of course you do. It is a generation old tradition followed by the trading community in India.
What is Muhurat Trading?
Muhurat means auspicious hour. India’s two leading stock exchanges BSE and NSE conduct a special one-hour trading session on the occasion of Diwali.
This symbolic session on the occasion of Diwali is called Muhurat Trading.
It is an old symbolic ritual that the trading community has followed for more than 60 years. This trading considered to satisfy Goddess Lakshmi (Indian goddess of wealth and prosperity) for her blessings throughout the Vikram Samvat year (the Hindu calendar year that starts on Diwali).
Read also:Indian Stock Market Holidays in 2019
Diwali Muhurat Trading Timing
On this occasion, the Indian stock market will remain open for one hour between 6.15 pm and 7.15 pm. This hour is set as per astrologically defined auspicious times of the day.
|Diwali Muhurat Trading Session on Sunday, October 27, 2019|
|Block Deal||17:45 to 18:00|
|Pre-Open Session||18:00 to 18:08|
|Muhurat Trading Session||18:15 to 19:15|
|Call Auction||18:20 to 19:05|
|Post Closing||19:25 to 19:35|
Indian stock exchanges are closed on October 28, 2019. Therefore, settlement of trades executed during muhurat trading will merge with the settlement of trades done on October 29.
So, you can’t sell the stocks bought during this session on October 29.
Read also:5 Most Useful Stock Market Apps in India
Muhurat Trading: Points to Remember
It’s tough to ignore the muhurat trading if you hold stocks in your portfolio. In the stock market investment, nothing is a safe investment, but you can go for smart trading. Here are a few points that may be useful for you.
- Do not invest all your money.
- Do not carry away by the media news and promises of a handful of profits on investments made in this session.
- Many stock brokerages provide many trading picks. Assuredly, you can refer to those reports but do your research as well.
- Try to select stocks where you can stay for the long term.
- It must not depend on predictions. Historical data suggests that there is no definite correlation between returns on the day of muhurat trading and movements of the market from the next session.
- Since the stock market is closed on Diwali, stock prices move in this hour to reflect the global and domestic news flow. Sometimes, the stock price may fluctuate a lot in this session. So, carefully place your order.
- In recent years foreign investors are also active in Diwali sessions. That also influences stock price movements.
- In the time of stock selection, make sure it is based on proper analysis and not driven by any superstitious sentiment.
- Most importantly, review your investments.
Read also:Amazing E-Gold Investment
We must remember that though this is an auspicious time to invest, the stock market investment never gives 100% guarantee of profit.
Many new investors get carried away by various media news and invest beyond their calculations. So, please make sure that does not happen to you.
Most importantly, market experts suggest investors do mahurat trading where they can take delivery for a long term perspective.
Therefore, do your proper stock analysis and trade in the stocks which are fundamentally and technically sound.