Nowadays, mobile stock market apps become a necessity in the stock market investment and trading. Certainly, it will help you to stay updated with stock market movements.
Why Stock Market Apps are Necessary?
Shibani Dutta, a 32-year-old IT employee from Mumbai, started trading in the stock market as a hobby in the early days. Meanwhile, this hobby slowly turned into a new money making way for her. But, due to the work pressure, she missed the right time to hit the stocks.
Kolkata based marketing executive Dinesh Jain is a keen trader in the stock market. But, he has to travel a lot while on the job. Therefore, finding a terminal to place buy/sell orders become a problem. So, he missed most of the potential profit-making opportunities.
So, you can understand what they are missing. Yes, mobile stock market apps.
Certainly, with the rise of the smartphone, stock trading is now at your fingertips. In the year 2010, India becomes the world’s fastest growing market for mobile-based stock trading. Only on the NSE, the turnover of mobile transactions has increased by nearly 130% from ₹50,800 Crore in 2014 to ₹116,800 Crore in 2015. So, you can imagine what the numbers are in 2019!
Therefore, these mobile apps make stock market trading simple and faster. You can check the real-time market price of the stocks, chart reading, fundamental and technical research of the stocks, create a virtual portfolio, check current news, know global trends, and many more.
Best Stock Market Apps in India
There are lots of apps available for the Indian stock market. In this article, we have discussed the 5 most useful stock market apps in India.
#5. IIFL Markets
The IIFL Markets launched by India Infoline Ltd, one of India’s leading brokerage firms. It is another highly rated share market app for viewing stock market news and live market prices in India.
India Infoline Ltd is a full-service stockbroker. So, you can request support directly from the app.
- It is a comprehensive tool for investors and traders to analyze and monitor the latest stock market.
- So, here you can get expert opinions, set price alerts, customize personal stock watch lists through this simplified stock market app.
- IIFL Markets app allows you to invest in IPO, OFS in a hassle free way.
- The Buzz feature in this app provides information on the latest developments, live markets situation in a single click.
- Free features available for guest logins including research reports and market-related dataset.
- Provide Trade Multiple Orders (TMO) facility.
- IIFL Markets app provide charting feature for users with multiple indicators for quick technical analysis where you get access to MACD, Moving Average, Bollinger Bands, RSI, etc.
- It has single tap buy and sell provision for quick actions on market opportunities.
- Detailed company information with the research report, current news, alerts, quarterly results, detailed analysis for fundamental research, and many more.
#4. ET Markets: NSE, BSE, Shares
ET Markets mobile app was launched by the Economic Times. It is another extremely useful stock market app. Moreover, it provides the latest live market data and helps investors to make informed decisions.
- ET Markets broadcast ETNOW TV and audio live streaming for the stock market and financial news.
- This app covers the stock market, BSE, NSE data, mutual fund, commodity market, Forex market, ETFs, and many more.
- Create a personalized stock watch list to track regularly.
- So, it provides BSE Sensex, NSE Nifty live charts, and get share prices with advanced technical charting.
- Get expert views accompanied by participant discussions that provide investment ideas.
- You can share news and events with your community through SMS, emails, Twitter, Facebook, and WhatsApp.
- Moreover, you can sync stories, news when online, and read them offline.
#3. Zerodha – Kite
Brokerage house Zerodha is one of the leading stock discount brokers in India with millions of customers. Kite is a mobile app introduced by Zerodha. So, this app is known for its interactive user experience and ease of use.
Read also: How to open a share trading account?
- Kite is a lightweight mobile trading app. Therefore, it works smoothly at low internet bandwidth.
- Provides multiple market watch provision with detailed live market information.
- Kite allows customers to trade at BSE, NSE, and MCX.
- Kite offers the most advanced technical chart analysis with 100 indicators, 6 chart types, and 19 drawing tools.
- Above all, this app has smart search box functionality that instantly searches thousands of records of scrips, financial products, contracts across different trading segments, and indices.
- It is available in 10+ different regional languages – Hindi, Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, Punjabi, and Oriya.
- This app has a minimalistic user interface. So, this is useful for beginner level traders who want to avoid the complexities of trading software.
- Fund transfers across multiple banks also possible with minimal clicks.
Read also:Indian Stock Market Holidays in 2019
#2. Stock Edge
Stock Edge is one of the fastest growing Equity markets analytics and research App, primarily based on NSE and BSE data. Above all, it has simple tools that empower users to do self-research for fundamental, technical, derivative analysis.
Read also:Indian Stock Market Timings
Therefore, Stock Edge provides everyday analytics, visualizations, and alerts on the mobile platform in a highly customizable and adaptive form to suit individual needs and to take better decisions.
- Stock Edge track NSE and BSE stocks.
- Provide regular updates, market tracking with news, announcements, forthcoming events, & corporate actions, etc.
- Create multiple watch lists with your preferred stocks.
- Stock Edge helps to generate ideas by using price, volume, technical and derivative scans in all possible time range.
- Also set price targets and send notifications.
- So, it provides sectorial research, news for corresponding industries, companies in a sector/industry, the graphical illustration of price movement, everyday gainers, losers, market movers, and many more.
- Regular updates regarding FII activities and bulk /block deals.
- On the other hand, its My Watch List section will help to track your stock portfolio, My Investor Group section to build your own investor’s group and My Scans section to follow daily trading actions are the significant highlights.
MoneyControl is the most traditional mobile stock market app. I think this is the app that every Indian stock trader installed and follow from the initial days. So, for any level of trader, MoneyControl is highly recommended.
MoneyControl has a simple, user-friendly design that provides lots of news, updates associated with each and every individual stock. Similarly, you can track the latest trends on the Indian and Global market.
Likewise, with the stocks, you can track Indices (Sensex & Nifty), Futures, Options, Commodities, Currencies, ULIPs, Gold Bond, Mutual Funds, etc. from a single app.
- Show the current stock market status.
- Provide news related to the stock market, business, and economy.
- MoneyControl shows live TV broadcast like your television from CNBC.
- Easy portfolio management system over Equity, Commodity, Future, Options, Mutual Funds, Bullion, etc.
- MoneyControl provides Personalized Watchlist facility. So, you can add favorite stocks, commodities, futures, currencies, and mutual funds to monitor separately. Also, you will get timely alerts in the form of news and corporate action of the companies.
- MoneyControl has a Will open up a common forum where you can discuss with other investors and share views regarding the stock market.
In conclusion, there are several other stock markets and finance-related apps available in mobile app stores on different platforms. Which stock market trading apps do you use?
So, tell me which one according to you, is the most helpful stock market app? Let me know your recommendations and preference in the comment section below. Thanks!