Have you lost your Gmail password? Need Gmail password recovery?
Don’t worry! 🙂
Google provides several options for Gmail password recovery. Gmail is one of the most popular free Email services in the World. The reason for the popularity is – outstanding features, simplicity, and security.
So, if you lost your Gmail password, by using the account recovery page you can instantly recover it. If you have connected your phone number with your Google account, you can quickly recover Gmail password. So, here I’m for sharing 5 easy step by step methods to recover Gmail password.
Recover forgotten Gmail Password
Forgot Gmail Password? Do you need Gmail Password Recovery?
- First, open the Gmail Sign-in page.
- Now, on the Gmail Sign in page enter your Gmail ID in the Email or phone section and click on the Next button.
- On the next page, Google will ask you to enter the password. So, to recover your lost password you need to click on the Forgot Password link.
- Now, you have the following ways to recover your lost password.
#1 Using the Last password
- Google will first let you enter that what you remember. Therefore, in the account recovery page, now you have to enter your last password.
- If you remember probable Gmail password, then enter it and press the Next button below (marked as 1 in the above image).
- But if you do not remember, then go for Try another way option (marked as 2 in the above image).
#2 Device Recognition
- If you have enabled 2-Step verification before on Google account, then Device recognition is a very useful option for your Gmail password recovery.
- Nowadays, most of the people have a smartphone. So it is always recommended to activate the Device recognition option.
- At first, Google will ask you that whether you have a phone or not.
- So, if you have already activated the Device recognition option, go for Yes.
- Otherwise, go for Try another way link.
- If you select Yes, Google will send you a verification code in your mobile/tab.
- Therefore, open your mobile/tab and you will find this.
- Google will let you select the same code as showing from your smart device also. Hence, it will be verified that you are the same person who is accessing these devices for account recovery.
- So, as soon as you tap on the right number, the Change password page will open.
- Now, you can enter the Password and Confirmed password to recover/reset your Gmail account. Then go for Change Password button.
#3 Mobile Number Verification
- This is the most usable and popular option for Gmail password recovery.
- You need to enter your Phone number or Mobile number in the Phone number section. So, after entering when you click on the Send button, a verification code will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Now, you need to check SMS in your mobile and put the verification code in the Enter the code section.
- Click the Next button.
- The change password page will appear.
- As before, you can enter the Password and Confirmed password to recover/reset your Gmail account. Then go for Change Password button.
But, if you yet not registered your mobile number due to any reason. Then, we have more option for you to retrieve your Gmail password.
#4 Using Google Account Creation Date
- Do you remember the month and year for creating your Gmail Account? If yes then this option will definitely help you out.
- Enter correct Month and Year and go for Next button.
- The account recovery page will appear.
#5 Email Verification
- This is a very old but secure password recovery option.
- At the time of Gmail account opening, Google asks to enter a recovery email address. This is very useful and recommended.
- In this option, you have to enter the full recovery ID in the Enter recovery email address section and go for Send button.
- Immediately, a verification code will send to your recovery email address.
- Now check your email, you will find a ‘Google Verification Code’ email in your mailbox. In this email, the verification code will be mentioned clearly.
- So, just enter the verification code in the Enter code section and go for Next button.
- Thereafter, the account recovery page will appear and will show the above message.
- Google will get back to you in 3-5 business days.
Hope this article will be helpful for you. Please leave your queries in the comment section and let us know your views regarding this article. If you need any other information regarding Gmail password recovery, please let me know. I will try my best to solve your quires.
- How do I switch between multiple Gmail accounts?
- Can we have multiple Gmail addresses under one Gmail Account?
- How to Use WhatsApp as a Private Store for your Documents and Notes
- 10 most useful Whatsapp tricks you should know
- Virtual Stock Trading websites to learn trading without risking your money
- Stock Market Basics – Indian Stock Market for beginners