All of us use WhatsApp for chatting with friends and family. Whatsapp is the most famous mobile messaging app nowadays. Rarely will you find a smartphone user who doesn’t use WhatsApp? But wait! Do you really aware of amazing WhatsApp tricks and, tips? In this article, onlinefarrago will help you to know 10 most useful Whatsapp tricks, tips and, hacks. So, let’s start.
1. Format WhatsApp messages
Yes, you can quickly format your WhatsApp messages and send to anyone. This marvelous Whatsapp trick works perfectly on any Android mobile. The method is very simple and easy to apply.
- Just place the asterisk *TEXT* before and after the text, and you will have your formatted WhatsApp message TEXT.
- You can italicize _TEXT_ simply by putting the underscore, and you will get an italicize font style message TEXT.
- For typing in Strikethrough add ”~” around the Text, and you will get, ~TEXTFORYOU~.
2. Hide the fact of avoiding someone
One of the most amazing WhatsApp trick is disabling the blue ticks simply without giving a feeling of ignorance to someone. A perfect method to avoid the fact that you have read the message without giving any clue to the sender.
- Go to Settings>Account>Privacy>read receipt(perfect way to avoid double blue ticks)
- There is another way to hide read messages. Just switch your phone to airplane mode. Now, read these messages without giving alert to someone. Do not forget to leave the message box before turn airplane mode off again as this will keep the message unread.
There is one disadvantage of this process. If you check this option, you also can not determine when your message was read by other.
3. Web Browser WhatsApp
If you want to use WhatsApp on your web browser, then there is straightforward trick available for this.
- Open https://web.whatsapp.com/ in your laptop/desktop web browser.
- Now, open WhatsApp on your phone. For login in a web browser, go to Menu > WhatsApp Web
- Scan the code (QR) showing on your laptop/PC using mobile/tab.
- So, your phone is connected to a web browser WhatsApp. Therefore, you can start reading and sending the messages from there.
For logging out from web’s WhatsApp, just go back to Menu > Logout.
4. Conversation backup to email
If you want to keep a backup or a copy of your chat to your email, then the WhatsApp tricks is simple.
- To go the chat box then go to Menu > More > Export chat
- There are two options for you whether you want to keep a backup of conversation with media or even without media is your choice.
- Now, select Gmail. You will found that this chat is attached as a .txt file (if you choose without media) or as a zip file (if you choose with media) with your email option.
- You can backup up to 40,000-45,000 messages.
5. Share your location
Suppose, you are out to meet your friends or family and want to tell them where to come, you can easily share your location using WhatsApp. Like all WhatsApp features, this is cross-platform. The location shows up as a preview in chat, and tapping on it opens a map view.
- Firstly, you need to have activated GPS in your phone.
- Now, open WhatsApp conversation.
- Tap the paperclip icon at the bottom-right > location (Google Maps icon) > tap send your current location.
6. How to know When he or she read your message
This is very easy to know that when your WhatsApp friend read your message.
- Just go to the conversation chat window of WhatsApp and keep the message pressed for a few seconds.
- On the top right, just click on the Info icon.
- Now, you can find all the required information.
7. How to find important messages quickly
You can mark any of your WhatsApp messages as starred and find it later.
- Little long press any message and then mark it as starred from top-right corner.
- Now, you can find it anytime easily from main WhatsApp windows. Just go to Menu > Starred messages
- You will find a list of all starred messages.
8. Saving the storage capacity from media auto download
Every day, lots of images/videos sent by friends and groups are getting auto-downloaded to your phone without your wish. You can easily stop this by changing settings. After this, you will only download image/videos when you wish to.
- Go to Settings> Data and storage Usage
- Now, go to the Media auto-download section. Uncheck all the parameters (photos, audio, videos, documents) for ‘when using mobile data’ and ‘when connected on Wi-Fi’ section. It will look like below.
9. Hide your Profile pic from public view
Most of the people don’t know and don’t care about these user settings. Impersonators can easily download your profile image and they can use it for an illegal purpose. So, you must use this WhatsApp feature to hide profile pic from public view.
- Go to Settings > Account > Privacy > Profile photo > Choose My contacts.
This is really important for security purpose.
10.Read all message at once
Many of us in their WhatsApp list have lots of groups and in these groups people, every day just sends many entertainment videos, photos etc. In that case, you can read all messages at once using the mark as read option.
- Select your unread chats.
- Go to Menu in the top-right corner > select Mark as read option.
These are really useful WhatsApp Hacks, Tips, and Tricks that you need to know and easy apply all these for your better experience. All these hacks are workable and can easily be used anywhere anytime.
Please leave your queries in the comment section and let us know your views regarding this article